In a sink family is very important, because the sink will always be used for various purposes. Milsanya, washing dishes, cooking, vegetable, and fruit. To facilitate the process of washing, here are some considerations to keep in mind that no one chose the sink at home.
16 Photos Gallery of: How to Select a Modern Sink Design Ideas
1. Size Depth
Usually the depth of the tub of the selected 20 cm, if the sink requires a large volume can choose the sink with a depth of 25 cm. Increasingly in the tub, splashing the water the less. But the bottom tub will be increasingly difficult to reach small children.
2. Installation Type
• Drop-in – To install quite easily, which is inserted into the hole provided. But it is worth the extra handling when cleaning the tub lip meeting area with space for a kitchen table because it can trap dirt, water, and food scraps.
• Under-mount – Condition, the tub has to be applied with a kitchen table made of strong materials and can withstand the burden of the tub. How, mounted from under the kitchen table to the tub lip hidden and cleaner.
• Integrated – Installation is inserted into the hole like a drop-in tub, but the lips like a parallel to the surface like a tub under the kitchen table-mouth. Created to connect at the kitchen table and into one entity.
• Apron – To make it easier for users to reach the tap, the front of the tub should be jutting out beyond the thickness of the kitchen table.
3. Number of Bowls
• Single Bowl – Single tub like this can accommodate a pan or other kitchen appliances that are large, also easy to clean. The tub is suitable for use at home with the tiny kitchen.
• Double Bowl – If have a huge kitchen, this type of sink can be selected according to need. The shape varies between the same two large tub or a tub is smaller than the others. This facilitates the sink more than one person perform different tasks, such as washing dishes and preparing food ingredients.
• Triple Bowl – Sinks with three holes usually have two large tanks on each side and one small tub in the center for additional purposes. Facilitate multiple people to work at once.
4. Material Options
• Stainless-steel – This material is the most popular because of easy maintenance, durable, economical, and suitable for a variety of interior styles. The drawback, noisy when used, can be scratched even though vague, and the sprinkling of water will imprint if not immediately cleaned.
• Porcelain enamel – usually made from cast iron, enamel paint and then coated with a shiny, easy to clean, and provides a variety of colors. The drawback, if recently used, the material can be damaged porcelain and cast iron will rust. For the use of chemical cleaners can also damage the porcelain express.
• acrylic – scratch resistant, easy to clean, economical, does not rust, easy to install, and can be shaped as desired. The drawback, at high temperatures this material may crack or expand.
• Solid Surface – When combined with the kitchen table of the same material, will produce a mix of luxury and smooth, without angles. The combination of two or more materials that are processed and produce new materials are strong, durable, scratch resistant, and easy maintenance. The drawback is not high temperature resistant, easy to crack, and expensive.
• Natural stone – stone granite and marble material that requires handling the extra weight, for example by adding the cabinet under the sink for support. Often also used as a material sink because it is durable and beautiful.
• Composite – This blend of natural stone materials with synthetic materials which are usually dark gray, so the scratches would faint. Easy to clean, durable, not easily damaged, other colors available, and temperature resistant. However, this material is quite expensive.